...is this right for me?
Collaborative Practice may be the right choice if you can answer the following questions with a "yes":
- You wish to find solutions that are considerate of your family's needs, interests, and goals
- You value the importance of protecting your children from court battles and the adversarial approach of traditional divorce
- You are willing to stop fighting and assessing fault
- You are willing to participate in a manner that is respectful of yourself and your spouse
- You are willing to be open and honest in disclosing information and participating in the process so that effective solutions can be determined
- You want outcomes that will permit the members of your family to move forward
- You are able to take responsibility for your participation in the marriage and the process of resolving conflict without damage and accusation
- You want a process that allows all parties to move forward and to work towards having a respectful working relationship in the future
- To prepare and file all written paperwork required by the court.
A collaborative professional can help you better understand and assess if this process is the right choice for you. To find a collaborative professional, click here.